Sunday, July 15, 2012

More than Enough


Psalm 23 is one of my all-time favorite Chapters of the Bible. It's also the first one I memorized all the way back in second grade. Seeing this book and the picture on the cover really made me interested in reading it.

All too often I get caught up in the day to day minutiae. In his book, Tony Evans reminds that God is more than enough. Whenever I read Psalm 23 before, I never really unpacked it to go into as much depth as Evans did. However it's true. David's God, that same God is with us now. He leads us better and more capably than we could lead ourselves.

Each chapter in God is more than enough is about one of the verses, looking at the words and their contextual meaning. This was an incredibly easy read, 70 pages in length.

Based on content and topic. I am happy to give this book 4/5 stars. I would definitely recommend it to individuals who find themselves getting overwhelmed. Remember that all we have in God is MORE than enough.

The title of this book reminded me of Enough, by Chris Tomlin. I hope you enjoy listening to the song as you read this book as much as I did. Remember, that God is always enough.

I received a complementary copy of this book from Multnomah Publishers for reviewing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment