Friday, July 12, 2013

What a RUSH



When I saw Rush at my library, I did not know what to expect. It seemed different from some of the dystopian teen series, yet it was also similar, but I decided to take a chance. Miki, the main character in our story was living a normal life until she jumped in front of a vehicle to save a child. What follows is anything but predictable, in fact, I can safely say I've never seen a story quite like this before. What really drew me to this book, at least in the beginning was the fact that I share a name with one of the lesser characters in the book, usually my name and the spelling of it is not one that is all that common.

Eve Silver in Rush creates a new world, somewhat similar to Pittacus' Lore's I am Number Four, but also different. We have two sides engaged in a battle, the stakes of which are life and death. Without giving too much information away, Rush is book that places its characters inside a video game fighting for their life and the future of humanity as we know it. Is it chance? What exactly brings Miki and others like her to play this game?

Unfortunately if you're wanting surefire answers to all of those questions, you will not get it at the end of Rush, after all it's just the first book in "The Game" series. There are two additional titles that you will have to wait for. Don't let this hold you back though, Rush is a book you should absolutely read the first chance you get, in fact, it will be hard to put down. It is for this reason that I am happy to give Rush 4/5 stars, for a well written new world created by author Eve Silver. Pick it up, I'm sure you'll have just as hard a time as I did in placing it down, enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment